Custom On-Device Validation
Here are simple Custom Offline Validation guidelines.
The lead clients for this feature have built some interesting applications. Here are a few.
- Decryption of encrypted barcode data where the decrypted result is shown to the app-user in the response and becomes part of the scan record.
- Offline “A/B Compare COV” where the app-user is alerted when two barcodes scanned consecutively match or don’t match. To enable this, on the Advanced step when creating or editing a Service you need to copy and paste the A/B Compare COV script into the form field for “Enable on-device custom validation“. This script also allows comparing an “answer” scan to the response text – an advanced option for specific uses.
- Validate an answer to a pre-submit question against the response text in the associated database. Sample script here – let support@codeREADr.com know if you have any questions.
- Validation statuses over-written when certain criteria are met. For example, a normally valid scan can be changed to invalid based on:
- the answer an app-user submits to a prompt (a “Question”);
- when certain text is detected within the scanned value;
- when certain structured text is detected within the standard response for the scanned value.
Please contact support@codeREADr.com with your specific requirement. For some applications, we will quote writing the script for you.