Custom On-Device Validation
Here are simple Custom Offline Validation guidelines.
The lead clients for this feature have built some interesting applications. Here are a few.
- Decryption of encrypted barcode data, where app users can see the decrypted result in the response and becomes part of the scan record.
- Offline ‘A/B Compare COV’, where it alerts the app-user when two barcodes scanned in a row match or don’t match. To enable this, on the Advanced step when creating or editing a Service, copy and paste the A/B Compare COV script into the form field for ‘Enable on-device custom validation’. Also, this script allows comparing an ‘answer’ scan to the response text. This is an advanced option for specific uses.
- Validate an answer to a pre-submit question against the response text in the associated database. Sample script here. If you have any questions, contact support@codeREADr.com.
- Validation statuses over-written when certain criteria are met. For example, a normally valid scan can change to invalid based on:
- the answer an app-user submits to a prompt (a “Question”);
- when it detects certain text within the scanned value;
- when it detects certain structured text within the standard response for the scanned value.
Please contact support@codeREADr.com with your specific requirement. For some applications, we will quote writing the script for you.