Inserting Scan Records Directly into External Databases
Automating the movement of data
We offer developers several options for inserting scan records into their own or third-party databases. Those options include Postback URL and Direct Scan to URL (DSU) which post scans from the codeREADr app to the third party’ server. Another option is fetching scan records using our API.
B. Anyone – no coding required
There are many web applications that enable third-party service providers to automate the movement of data from one web app to the other. Those apps typically connect via an API.
The codeREADr web application (i.e. the server where your validation databases and scan records reside) now works with a number of those web applications.
Here’s a list of options. If you don’t see your service provider on this list please contact codeREADr support to see if they are on our roadmap. Alternatively, you can use a ‘connector’ service like Zapier that supports 100’s of apps.
- QuickBase: Add, Validate, Edit scan records. [Enterprise Platform-as-a-Service with real-time insertion.]
- Google Sheets: Insert scan records automatically.
- Excel: Insert scan records automatically
- Business Intelligence (BI) Platforms: Microsoft’s Power BI, Tableau and other BI platforms enable CSV imports – some directly but others after they reside in Excel or Google Sheets. Check with their instructions to see which best suits your needs.
- Zapier: Over 1000 web apps have integrated with Zapier, many of which offer ACTIONS for receiving data (‘Triggers’) from services like codeREADr. [See example applications on our blog.] With this tool your scan records can be auto-inserted into those databases, thus automating your data collection applications. Use codeREADr as Trigger and Action 3.0