1. First, you can name your service. Also, link a database to validate your service against. Then, choose Mode.
- Fast Mode: Prompts session info to provide before scanning that determines whether scans will for checking in or checking out. In this mode, “session” refers to a series of scans that will occur sequentially. In Fast Mode, it changes the session when the user switches between checking in and checking out.
- Confirm Mode: Asks before each scan if the asset should be checked in or out. If you’ll be scanning at designated times for both checking in and out, you can use Fast Mode. Then, change the session from checking in to checking out with the appropriate time window. If there’s only one checkpoint and/or no specific time, you can choose the Confirm Mode.
- Toggle Mode: Automatically checks the current status of the value and switches it to the opposite with each scan. For example, if the value is currently checked in, upon scan, the app will check the value out. This is the best option for those looking to use Kiosk and/or Auto Next Scan.
2. Next, you can choose a default for unscanned values. Logically, it asks you to define the value. For example, if you are using the service for attendance, anyone not scanned is checked out. Whereas, if you are using the service for tracking assets (e.g. equipment, vehicles, etc.) any unscanned item is checked in.
3. Then, you can show the last user scanning and/or times for a given value to the current app user. You are given the option to disallow check-ins/outs when the value is already checked in/out. This means, if a value is checked in and the user attempts to select check-in again, the answer will be recorded as invalid. However, you can choose to show the check-in/out question with each duplicate scan or not. This gives the user the option to select the opposite of what is the current status so that they may submit a valid scan. This is shown below for greater clarity.
4. Additionally, you may edit the question asked with each check in/out. You can select any question you’ve created for all services through the Question tab of your account. If you would like to input a new question, you will need to add it via the Questions tab. Leaving it as is or “create automatically” will retain the Check In and Check Out options as well as keep the question being asked as “Select the action.” However, you may want to change what this question says as shown in the example below.