With this feature, you have the flexibility to collect as much data as you want with a workflow that best suits your needs. For example, you could specify the flow of custom questions based on context or answer trees within your script.
You can format questions in specific ways (date, zip code, phone number, etc.). Also, you can check if an answer fits an expected profile. You can ask one question or many questions with each Custom Question. The core value is that the app user’s answer (or answers) for each Custom Question is saved as part of the official scan record.
To add custom questions, you can use the API or the web UI located on the Questions page and Questions tab when creating a Service. There are two options: URL and HTML. Clearly, the most flexible is the URL option. However, the HTML option is valuable if collecting data offline or if you don’t want to use your own servers.
Here are a few Custom Question (CQ) example scripts:
- Auto-insert the device’s date so the app-user doesn’t have to enter a date. PDF here. Note that this will always update to the device’s timestamp, even when editing scan records in-app and also when used as a session question.
- App-user can enter any date from a drop-down menu, thus making date entries formatted, quicker to enter, and more accurate. PDF here.
- App-user is presented with dependent questions with multiple answers recorded with each scanned record. PDF here.
- Multiple answers with a form field when a specific answer is selected. The custom aspect is enabling one answer (for example, “Other – Enter
Answer”) to open an associated form field just for that answer option. PDF here.
- How to capture the Username scan property as a Question Answer. PDF here.
Please look here for basic instructions and here for code examples for the __SCAN_VALUE__ and __SCAN_RESPONSE__ variables.