The Download Scans task is a basic task that allows scan records to be downloaded and exported as a CSV file. You can select an Export Template and simplify which fields you want to appear in your export. This task can also be completed from the Scans page as well.
The Download Scans task has filters with several options. The scans can be filtered by date received (recommended), service used, user who generated these scans, the scan’s status (valid/invalid/error), and devices which the scan was recorded with. Download Scans is a task that is unable to be automated and occur on a regular basis. Consequently, the task must be scheduled manually.
This allows you to schedule the export of scans records, subject to limits based on your paid plan. You can do this through FTP (file transfer protocol), SFTP (secure file transfer protocol), Email, or Dropbox.
Scan records are exported as a CSV file, based on an Export Template. A template will allow you to choose which fields to export, the header labels, and the order of appearance. Also, you can customize the export using REGEX or select custom, pre-programmed formats. For example, you can have a clickable URL.
The Export Scans task has filters with several options, including scans filtered by date received (recommended), service, app-user, the scan’s status (valid/invalid/error), the scanning device(s), and other important filters.
For FTP, SFTP, and Dropbox exports, you must designate a path. You must minimally put “/” in the Upload Path form field.
Also, for Dropbox, the system sends the scan records to https://www.dropbox.com/home/Apps/codeREADr. You can post to a specific location within Dropbox by adding the path after adding the “/” symbol in the Upload Path field. Thus, you can set different locations within Dropbox based on the path entered here. Also, the path’s name/location you enter must match the name/location you set up in Dropbox.
- SFTP and FTP uploads have designated IP addresses for whitelisting. You’ll find those addresses on your Account/API page.
- To edit/delete external accounts (FTP, Dropbox, etc.) navigate to the External Accounts option on your main Account page.
- The meaning of Last Week is “Monday to Sunday”. So Last Week selected anytime during a given week would return scans from mm-01 00:00:00 to mm-07 23:59:59.
- The meaning of the Last 7 Days is “from now” so if “now” is 11:21, the scan would be returned from mm-01 11:21 to mm-07 11:21.
- The calculations are based on the Account timezone configured on the Account page or by the selected timezone filter if needed.
Developers commonly use the Postback URL tool for real-time server integration. Instead of posting scan records in real-time, you can schedule a task to directly post them to your own server or to a third-party server at preset intervals (see limits). Also, the system posts every record one at a time to the designated server.
Also, you can filter the scan records in many ways and post based on a pre-configured export template. The posts can be Full Postback (your server or third-party server responds to each post). Also, the posts can be Receiver Only (no server response required). Moreover, you can re-attempt the postbacks that failed due to connection errors.