As a free service to codeREADr clients, we enable the creation of standard QR codes with the embedded text displayed underneath the code. We also enable the creation of ‘branded’ barcodes for our premium customers. Branded barcodes allow you to select the barcode size, insert a logo or other image, control the display of embedded text and add additional text into a single image. Read our article on generating barcodes with codeREADr.
Primarily, these barcode images that we generate for you are for inserting into emails and mobile messages. Also, you can print them if you insert the emailed images into Word, Excel or other document programs.
However, you do not have to use our barcode generator. You can scan barcodes that are already on labels, badges, tickets, and assets. Alternatively, you can scan barcodes that you plan to print yourself, such as QR, DataMatrix, PDF-417, Code 39, Code 128, etc. Notably, we can scan up to 50 different barcode types so we will cover your use cases.
Also, if you want codeREADr to validate the data embedded in your own barcodes, upload a CSV file of those barcode values on the codeREADr ‘Databases’ page.
Need to find out what barcode symbology (aka ‘type’ or ‘format’) you need to scan? The codeREADr app can do that for free. And all you need is your smartphone or tablet.
- First, download the codeREADr app from the App Store (iOS) or from Google Play (Android).
- Secondly, on the app’s sign-in page, tap the ‘SD PRO – Try It’ button on the bottom of the screen. You don’t need to create an account.
- Thirdly, from the SD PRO demo page, tap the ‘Scan Barcode’ button. After you’ve scanned your barcode, under ‘Data’, we show you the barcode’s format. The actual reading of the barcode will have a few ‘x’ marks in it because this is only for test purposes before creating a free or paid account with your email address.
If the default formats can’t scan your barcode, tap the ‘Optimize Performance’ button on the bottom of the SD PRO – Try It screen. Then, select ‘All’ and retry scanning. Notably, SD PRO is the best smartphone scanner available. The performance rivals the best-in-class industrial scanners but uses just the iOS or Android device’s built-in camera. Therefore, it should be able to scan your barcode easily.
The codeREADr app can scan barcodes presented on:
- Printed Materials (tickets, posters, badges, labels, fliers, ads, etc.)
- Digital screens (tablets, laptops, desktops, etc.)
- Mobile Phones (Passbook, commerce apps, mobile wallets, MMS, pictures, etc)