The software technology for scanning barcodes using just the built-in cameras of iPods, iPhones, iPads and Android smartphones and tablets will be taking a significant leap forward in May. And for those who use the laser or optical scanners on mobile computers or scanning sleds, many of you will also be able to take advantage of these new technologies.
You can create one or more rules to target the barcode(s) you want to decode and capture with each scan.
- Barcode-type rule
- Decode one or more symbologies to capture and ignore the rest.
- Barcode-content rule
- Decode based on a prefix, suffix or any other content and ignore the rest.
- Deploying rules
- Rules work in every scanning mode.
- Multiple rules can apply to every scan attempt.
- A different set of rules can apply to each task (we call tasks ‘Services’).
- Rules can be different for primary scans to initiate the record and for each secondary scan in that record (we call those prompts ‘Questions’).