Network Usage Policy
Users of network resources have a responsibility to properly use it and to respect the rights of others. Users of the network must refrain from seeking to gain unauthorized access, and respect the rights of other information resource users. This policy covers the appropriate use of CodeREADr networks and the information contained therein.
The purpose of the Network Usage Policy is to help ensure the information infrastructure that supports the business. Users must be mindful of the rights of others to their privacy, intellectual property and other rights. This Network Usage Policy codifies what is considered appropriate usage of computers and networks with respect to the rights of others.
This policy is applicable to all persons or systems granted use of company information resources, including Wireless Access Points. Whether individually controlled or shared, stand-alone or networked, this policy applies to all computer and communication facilities owned, leased, operated, or contracted by the company.
- Computer users must not attempt to connect to computers or cloud accounts owned by others and copy, modify or remove software or files without proper authorization.
- Computer users must not monitor others’ access and use of the computers, networks, or other information resources, including digital information unless authorized
- Computer users must not intentionally develop or use programs which disrupt other computer or network users.
- Any defects discovered in network or system security must be reported to the appropriate system administrator so that steps can be taken to investigate and resolve the problem.
- A computer user who has been authorized to use a password may not discloses the password or otherwise makes their account available to others without permission of the system administrator.
- Computer users must not use the network or electronic communication facilities (such as electronic mail or instant messaging, or systems with similar functions) to send,view or download fraudulent, harassing, obscene (i.e., pornographic), threatening, or other messages or material that are a violation of applicable law
- Users must not intentionally seek or provide information on, obtain copies of, or modify data files, programs, passwords or other digital materials belonging to other users, without the specific permission of those other users.
System Administrator Responsibilities
The system administrator should use reasonable efforts to protect against the unauthorized use of the network. A system administrator may temporarily suspend access privileges if he or she believes it necessary or appropriate to maintain the integrity of the computer system or network. Users are encouraged to report suspected abuse, especially any damage to or problems with their files.
Wireless Wifi Networks
Employees are only allowed to use Wireless Networks which comply with the following steps by which sufficient security can be gained over wifi.
- Only complex administration passwords on all Wifi Routers
- Only broadcast only the Guest Wifi SSID
- Only Guests should use the Guest Wifi SSID
- Use WPA/WEP Encryption
- Assign static IP addresses to Employee Devices
- Use MAC filtering for access control for Employees