Asset Tagging – One Main Asset ID (Barcode), Multiple Associated Item IDs (Barcodes)
- Scan the main asset’s barcode.
- Tap on the form entry field; scan one item’s barcode.
- Tap on the next form entry field; scan the next item’s barcode; continue this process until all associated items are scanned.
- When done, submit the scan with all form data collected.
- Then go to the next main asset barcode and repeat the process.
When you export/download your scans (a filterable CSV file), you’ll see each main asset ID will have all the scanned item IDs associated with it. Use Excel, Access or other DB programs to associate the IDs to the item’s name/description and to generate specific reports – manually or with macros. Using tablet is best as the larger screen size is easier for in-app navigation, however smartphones will work in quite well, too.
- For scanning, we suggest using the OPN2002 Bluetooth scanner in the SPP mode (Android) or in the HID mode (iOS and iOS). Please see: https://www.codereadr.com/bluetooth-barcode-scanner/
- If there are a lot of items to associate with one ID, the Android OS in HID mode is ideal as it will allow you to create just one form entry field; each additional scan is than added to the same field, separated by a ‘Return’.