Scan to Field Instructions
- Android 5.1 or greater
- To scan into web applications with the floating ‘bubble’ key, you must use the Chrome browser. To use the Samsung browser (or other browsers) you’ll need to use our quick-toggle keyboard option.
- To scan into native applications you can use either the floating bubble key or our quick-toggle keyboard option.
2. Tap the app’s icon on the Android device
3. You’ll briefly see the app’s splash page
4. Enter your app-user credentials (or ask firstname.lastname@example.org for “try_demo” credentials)
5. Toggle Scanner OFF to Scanner ON and then select a scanning configuration. Configurations are built on codeREADr.com by the account administrator and can include ‘Modes’ and ‘Smart Scan’ filters. The “try_demo” credentials have a few modes for demo purposes.
There are two methods for initiating a scan
- Tapping the “Scan” key attached to the custom “codeREADr Keyboard”. You can easily toggle between your normal keyboard(s) and the codeREADr Keyboard if you don’t want to always use the codeREADr Keyboard.
- Note: On the Android “Language and Input” settings page do not make the codeREADr keyboard your only keyboard if you want to toggle and device-dependent you may need to enable “Show Keyboard button” for toggling.
- Tapping a “Floating Key” that you can place anywhere on the screen and dismiss at any time.
When the cursor is in a form field the codeREADr Keyboard will open.
You will be prompted to allow the app to use Accessibility.
Once done, to scan into a web or native form field you need to have that screen open on the device. With the cursor blinking in the target field, tap the floating scan key to open the camera. Tap into another field to scan into that field.
The floating scan key can be placed anywhere on your screen. It will automatically dim.
You can also swipe it down to dismiss it.
Once dismissed you’ll see a push notification on the top of the screen To toggle the floating scan key back on simply swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the banner to have the Scanner ON.